Apostolos Vontas, MSc. Dipl. Eng. (male) is the co-founder and Director of ViLabs with more than 17 years of experience in management of research and innovation projects and studies in ICT. He holds a University Degree in Mechanical Engineering and a MSc in Management Information Systems. Since 2000, he has scientifically supported but also coordinated over 20 projects, in FP6, FP7-ICT, eTEN and CIP-PSP and H2020 for the provision of new, innovative services and products in ICT, gaining significant experience in technological analysis, research and innovation analysis, business deployment and exploitation planning, early marketing and support for fund raising. Relevant experience includes:
- Coordinator of the “Impact Assessment Study for EUREKA Secretariat on Technological trends and Standout projects, 2015”, responsible for the drafting of the final report and the management of the experts’ team and partners.
- Coordinator of the Collective Awareness platform SavingFood (H2020-ICT-2015 688221) tackling food waste challenge through Digital Social Innovation
- Recommendations and consultation at policy and project level in HAIVISIO 610419 project
- Active member and external expert of EBN, a network of around 160 Business service organisation providing support to large pool of startups in Europe.
- Drafted more than 15 sustainability and business plans for the exploitation of research and innovation results.
- Supported as mentor more than 20 startups, through local activities and through the Startup Europe project WeHubs project (H2020-CSA 645497).
- Coordinator of the evaluation study on “The potential of the Living Labs approach including its relation to experimental facilities for future internet” related technologies in 2008 for DG Information Society and Media.
- Scientific Expert in the Study on “Effectiveness of IST-RTD impacts on the EU Innovation system” from 01/2007 to 12/2007 for DG Information Society and Media, and he was responsible for the design and elaboration of questionnaire surveys, conduct of desk-research and the performance of statistical analysis with respect to the impact assessment on the innovation system.
- Organized a series of workshops and business events in EU and in SE Asia for the promotion of FP6, mobilising over 600 attendances in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand FP6-IST-ENGAGE
If you don’t find him at the office, he is probably playing with his kids or sailing somewhere in the Aegean Sea.